Seven Must-Visit Tourist Spots In Delhi
India is the perfect destination for anyone and everyone, and the capital city of Delhi is the most accurate reflection of what the country is all about. The chaos of the city streets mixed with the architecture that is reminiscent of an old-world charm is the trademark of this capital city. Delhi is a historically and culturally rich city. The colors smell and sights of the city are enough to send your senses into overdrive. Delhi is also the cultural melting pot of the country. So, if you want to see and experience multiple aspects of India, Delhi is the perfect city to start with.
Booking your Chicago to Delhi flights will be the first step that will take you closer to your destination. As the capital city, Delhi is very well connected to the rest of the world. This means that booking your flight tickets from Chicago to New Delhi should not be a problem at all. Once you have your tickets ready, you need to figure out where to start your trip. Delhi is a massive city, and there is way too much to see here than you could possibly cover in a couple of days. So, to make things easier for you, here is a list of places that you need to start with when you are in Delhi.
- India Gate: Built in the year 1931, India Gate is an iconic historical site in Delhi, India. This monument serves as a reminder of all the lives that were lost during World War 1 and the Afghanistan War. Visiting the India Gate is a must when you travel all the way from Chicago to Delhi. Leaving the city without witnessing the beauty and splendor of this place at night would be a complete waste of your trip. As one of the most beautiful places in the city and one that is much frequented by the locals, this should be at the top of your itinerary.
- Agrasen Ki Baoli: This popular tourist spot has featured in a popular Bollywood movie. This is a historical site that you would be surprised to see in the middle of the city. The entire Baoliis about 60 meters deep and 15 meters wide, with a number of steps leading to the bottom. In addition to having spectacular architecture and interesting history, this place is also said to be haunted. The rumored supernatural activities here make Agrasen Ki Baoli a fantastic spot to explore with your friends. So, anytime that you visit Delhi, make sure that you pay a visit to this hauntingly alluring tourist attraction.
- Red Fort: Red Fort is an important landmark of Delhi, and it is the best place to learn more about the city’s history as the capital of the country. Built-in the year 1630, the Red Fort was constructed during the time the Mughals ruled India. This first has been standing for centuries, and the history that it holds is beyond your imagination. The imposing architecture of the fort will take your breath away, and it also makes this place perfect for exploration, if you are interested in architecture. Being a frequently visited tourist attraction, you will encounter a huge crowd here. However, do not let that deter you from taking in the splendor of this epitome of the bygone days.
- Qutub Minar: Qutub Minar is another important historical site that you need to visit when you travel from Chicago to Delhi. This monument is reminiscent of the Mughal Era, and the mysterious history of this place will surely intrigue everyone with a curious mind. Built under the rule of Qutub-ud-din-Aibak, this structure stands 73 m tall. The minaret has beautiful engravings and carvings all over it, and it has five stories made of brick. Visiting the Qutub Minar is imperative on your trip.
- Lotus Temple or Bahai Temple: India is a land of many religions. People from different faiths live together in India, and the Lotus temple stands as a symbol of this unity in the country. Showcasing the unity of Hinduism, Jainism, Islam, and Buddhism, four major religions in the country, the Lotus temple is an important landmark of Delhi. The imposing architecture of the building is awe-inspiring, and it will leave a deep impression on everyone. No matter what your religion is or what you believe in, everyone is welcome in this secular place. There is no better way to take a deeper look into the religious beliefs of the country, than by visiting this amazing place.
- Jama Masjid: Jama Masjid is hands down the most beautiful place on the list. This magnificent mosque is the largest in the country, and the architecture of the building is spectacular. Constructed under the rule of Shah Jahan, who is also responsible for the Taj Mahal, this mosque has the capacity to hold up to 25,000 people at one time. In addition to the brilliance of the mosque, visitors will also be able to enjoy a stunning view of the city from here. Make sure to pay a visit to this mosque and ensure that you are dressed in accordance with the specified dress code.
- Humayun’s Tomb: The last tourist spot on the list is also a World Heritage Site as declared by UNESCO. A fine blend of Central Asian and Persian architecture, this place was commissioned by Humaida Banu Begum who was the wife of Humayun, in the year 1570. Inspired by the design of the Taj Mahal, Humayun’s tomb is a brilliant tourist spot with a very rich history. Visiting Humayun’s Tomb is something that you just cannot miss when you book your Chicago to Delhi flights.
When you travel from Chicago to New Delhi, make sure that you do not skip any of these tourist attractions. Going to these places will give you the opportunity to dive deeper into the past of this capital city. Booking your Chicago to Delhi flights gives you the chance to discover various aspects of an exotic country like India and get a deep insight into the history of a city such as Delhi.