How to Remove Header in Word
You can make changes or remove headers or footers on any page in the world. This is handy especially if you want to remove the header or footer on a specific page the whole process is a bit different if you need to delete a header on the first page of your document or other pages. Here is how you can do it.
Deleting the Header and footer on the first page of the document
Mostly many people might not want the Header to show up on the first page of the paper. This is mainly because it’s a little page. There is a way to remove it:
- Ensure that you double-click on the header area to make it active.
- This will also activate the header and footer tools section in your Word ribbon on the Design tab of that section.
- This will remove the header and footer on the first page of your document. You can type any information there if you want or you can leave it blank.
How to delete the Header on other pages of the document?
Deleting the Header on any page in your document rather than the first page requires a bit more work. Unlucky you can’t just tell the word to change the layout of a single page. Your documents page layout features apply to the whole section of your documents, and by default, the document is one large section.
All you need to do is to create a separate section in your document and then change the page layout of the new section to landscape orientation. Here is how you can do it
How to Remove
- In your document, place the cursor at the end of the page right before the page where you need to remove the header or footer. For instance, if you want to remove the Header on page 12, place your cursor at the end of page 11.
- Then switch to the layout on the ribbon and then select the breaks
- A drop-down menu will appear. You need to click the next page
- The action that you did create a section break where the cursor was placed and began a new section on the following page.
- Now you need to double-click on the header and footer area on the page where you need to remove it. Click the link to the previous button that is located on the Design tab in the header and footer tools area of the ribbon.
- Now you need to go ahead and delete the text from your Header or footer. You’re not yet done.
- If you scroll down through the document, you’ll see that all the pages following that section break now also don’t have the Header you just deleted. Now you need to create another section break and recreate the Header or footer for the next section.
- Place the cursor at the end of the page on which you need the Header and footer deleted.
- On the layout tab, ensure that you click the breaks option and then select the next page option.
- The area on the first page of the new section. Click the link to the previous button found on the Design tab in the header and footer tools area of the ribbon. Again the button becomes deselected because you have broken the link to the herder or the footer area of that new section you made.
What you need to do is create the order of water you need to use for the rest of the documents.